How to Install Minecraft Maps
Installing Maps on PC
Installing a Minecraft map for the first time might seem a little terrifying, but it is actually a quite simple process. This tutorial was designed specifically for Windows 7 users, however, it is the same process for Windows Vista and XP, the only difference might be the path to the folder. Most of the Minecraft maps that you may download will be in the archive (.zip or .rar file). All you need to do is to extract the files contained in the archive into your Minecraft saves folder, so the Minecraft will be able to detect the map. To be able to extract files from the archive you will need a file archiver program such as 7-zip, which is free. If you are Mac user, you will need some program such as The Unarchiver for .rar files extension.
Finally, when you are ready to extract the map, you will need to find your Minecraft saves folder. To find that folder simply follow these steps below:
1) Open the Minecraft Launcher.
2) Click on the "Edit Profile" button in the bottom left corner:
3) Now, click on the “Open Game Dir” button ( it is in the bottom right corner of the Profile Editor)
4) Your saves folder will be in here:
Now, when you have found your Minecraft saves folder, you can simply copy and paste the location into your file archiver program and extract the Minecraft map into there. The location of your saves folder should looks similar to this:
"C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\saves". You may also drag and drop the file from the archive into the saves folder.
The Alternative Way to Find Your Saves Folder:
The alternative way to find your saves folder without loading up the Minecraft client:
1) Click on the Start button in Windows.
2) Now, type run into the search box, and select the Run program that should appear in the top of the results.
3) Type %appdata%\.minecraft\ into the Run program and hit Enter button.
4) You should be able to see your saves folder now.
How to Install Minecraft: Pocket Edition Maps on iOS iPhone & iPad:
1) Download and extract the folder for the Minecraft PE (map that you want to play).
2) Download and install the iExplorer (no need to buy it, you just need a free demo version).
3) Connect your iOS device and PC together and open iExplorer.
4) Press “Apps” and find the “Minecraft PE”.
5) Now open the next folders in this order: Documents > Games > com.mojang > minecraftWorlds.
6) Now, just drag and drop the Minecraft PE map folder into the minecraftWorlds folder.
Congratulations. You have done it. Now you can enjoy playing your custom maps!